Addiction is when a person engages in compulsive stimuli despite the harmful consequences. They are often unable to break the addiction due to a fear of suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
- Alcohol - One of the most common addictions in the world, alcohol addictions affect people from all walks of life. Tolerance is usually the first sign and treatment includes identifying reasons for the addiction, counseling and detoxing.
- Drugs - Like an alcohol addiction, drug addicts can also develop a tolerance to various substances. Usage usually begins in the pre-teen and teenage years with experimentation involving prescription drugs. Addiction can be easily treated though, through a de-addiction programme.
Cannabis addiction is also known as marijuana use disorder and it has most of the same symptoms as other addictions. It often happens as a result of increasing usage and increasing strength of the cannabis ingested.
- Sex - Everyone enjoys it, but when urges become too strong or thoughts are too frequent, it is time to seek help.
- Pornography - An addiction to porn, can lead to other issues such as sexual dysfunction and other psychological problems. It can affect your social life.
- Gambling - Different types of gambling addictions exist, but they all include impulses to gamble despite knowing the harmful consequences. In fact, both drugs and gambling alter the same brain circuits in similar ways.
- Smoking & Chewing tobacco - Nicotine is an addictive substance that gives users a buzz, causing some to become addicted to it.
- Internet / Social Media addiction - An internet or social media addiction occurs when someone has a compulsive need to check or spend a lot of time on social media or the internet.
For liberating conversations